Ad ID: 29466
Mpesa Statement: How to get Mpesa Statement Online
- How to get Mpesa Statement Online
- Knowing how to get your Mpesa statement online can help you account for money and monitor your expenditure by providing your mobile transaction details.Instead of going through a tedious process of having to visit a Safaricom retail store to access your M-PESA statements, customers can now easily self-register for the service at the comfort of their homes.Safaricom has made it easy for its customers by availing the M-PESA statement online in a quick and effective manner.This article will focus on providing you knowledge on everything that you need to know about this service.MPESA statement.
- What is a Mpesa statement?
- A Mpesa Statement is a report that shows the transactions you have made via Mpesa for a certain period of time.There are two types of statements; a mini statement and a full statement.How to get Mpesa mini statementIt only shows your recent Mpesa transactions that are more than an hour old and can only show a maximum of 5 transactions.A mini statement is received in form of a text message ( SMS).To obtain your Mpesa mini Statement use the steps below;Dial *234#Go to ‘My Mpesa Information’Key in the number 2 and press send.Choose ‘Mpesa statement’Key in the number 1 and press send.Select ‘Mini Statement’
- How to get full Mpesa statement
- Dial *234# and Select ‘My Mpesa Information’Key in the number 2 and press send.Select ‘Mpesa statement’Key in the number 1 and press send.Select ‘Full Statement’Key in your ID or passport number.Input your email address.Ensure that your email address is correct.Select the period which you would like to receive the statement.You will receive a text message of successful registration.Your Mpesa statement will be sent to the email address in less than 5 minutes.
- How to download Mpesa statement online
- Access your email account and scroll to the Safaricom email containing your statement.The email containing the Mpesa statement is password protected.When prompted for a password all you have to do is key in your identification document registered with your Mpesa line.That could be either of the following;National IDPassportMilitary IDDiplomatic IDAlien ID
- How to Check your M-PESA Statements Online
- It is possible to download your Mpesa statement online by accessing Safaricom Self-care.Safaricom’s self-care allows users the ability to manage their Safaricom account onlineSimply type in the URLhttp://www.safaricom.co.ke.Safaricom Self-care online pageClick on self-careChoose the kind of registration you would like to do,Select individual if it is for your personal useType in your mobile number and usernameAgree to the terms and condition and an activation number will be sent to your phone.Key in the activation number and the process is complete.Safaricom portal login requests for the same username and password you filled in during registration so be sure not to forget it.After completing the necessary details you should get a verification SMS on your phone.Note: You can even choose a specific timeline (e.g 3 months, 2 weeks) since you’re provided with a calendar to choose specific dates.The timeline, however, is only valid for a period of 6 months.If you need M-PESA statements for more than 6 months, use the USSD option to get one for 12 months. For anything beyond that, Safaricom advises you to visit a Safaricom shop and make the request there.
- How to get Mpesa statement using Safaricom M-ledger
- You can also get your Mpesa statement using the M-ledger Mpesa app that scans your existing Mpesa text messages on your phone and afterward creates a database from them.The higher the amount of Mpesa information one has on the phone, the more information M-Ledger will have to process.Download M-ledger from your android Appstore to get your Mpesa transaction statements.The app also does the following:It imports up to 6 months of your M-PESA transactions into the appShows your current M-PESA balanceShows your recent transactionsHas an M-PESA calculator to calculate transaction costsShows the total amount sent and received over a period timeShows transactions per person or businessShows you your top 20 M-PESA money recipients and sendersSorts total amounts transaction type i.e. airtime, paybill, buy goods, deposit, withdrawal, sentAutomatically backups and restores your transactions from the cloudSummarizes most of this data in graphs and charts
- Benefits of M-ledgerIt’s convenient, easy to use and does a good job analysing your transactions into nice readable formats, unlike the statements which just report the data as it is.It’s also the only method here that give you direct access to M-PESA statements beyond 6 months one year assuming you have the M-PESA transaction SMS messages in your phone.You can also visit the M-Ledger website and from there you can generate spreadsheets (Excel) of your transactions and also export the data to PDF, Word etc.This must come in handy for business owners that use M-PESA.What to do when a relative passes on and you need to obtain their Mpesa funds
- What to do when M-PESA statement has a disclaimerI
- f the statement has a disclaimer indicating that it cannot be used in court, then you should do the following:You need to visit the nearest Safaricom retail shop and inform them that you would like an M-PESA statement for court purposes.You will be provided with a form for which you will indicate your details and also provide your national ID.A request will be created for processing.You may collect your statement after a minimum of 5 business days.
- What to do when a relative passes on and you need to obtain their Mpesa funds
- Visit your nearest Safaricom retail shop with the following documents:Your IDA copy of the deceased’s death certificate (burial permits are not allowed)An affidavit indicating your relationship with the deceasedA letter from the local county administration/chief in the deceased’s area of residenceNote:1. For M-PESA accounts containing amounts more than Ksh 30,000 you will need to provide the following documents:Your IDA copy of the deceased’s death certificate (burial permits are not allowed)A Grant of Probate/ Grant of Letters of Administration intestate/ a letter from the public trustee2. For M-PESA accounts containing amounts less than KES 30,000 you will need to provide the following documents:Your IDA copy of the deceased’s death certificate (burial permits are not allowed)Letter from the county administration/ chief in the deceased’s area of residenceOnce the above documents are provided, you will be required to fill in a claim form and nominate an M-PESA registered number to which we can transfer the funds within 72 hours.