New Mpesa Rates: Safaricom Mpesa rates, Mpesa charges, Tariffs, Shabiki, Betin Kenya & SportPesa
Steve Oke Chapchap Market No Comments
Safaricom Mpesa Charges 2019: Mpesa Withdrawal Charges and Rates
Mpesa is one of the top ways to get paid online. The low Mpesa charges have helped freelance workers make money online from home. They get paid to write through part time jobs. Data entry home jobs is one of the ways to make money online from home (Read: Online Jobs in Kenya That Pay through Mpesa).
The many profitable business opportunities in Kenya have made mobile money payment popular. Mpesa registration is free and there are no charges when you generate your Safaricom Mpesa statement. However, Mpesa charges and rates went up a little in July 2018.
This is after Treasury CS Henry Rotich increased excise duty on all mobile money transfers by 2 per cent, to the current rate of 12%. According to the CS, some of the extra revenue that the Kenyan government will collect through this increase in tax will be used to provide support for social development programs. These include universal healthcare.
New Mpesa Rates of July 2019
The new mobile money transfer tax came into effect on July 1st 2019, through the 2019 Finance Bill. Safaricom Kenya Mpesa transfer and withdrawal charges depend on the amount in the transaction. The maximum one can send using Mpesa is Ksh 70,000 per transaction. The maximum daily M-pesa transaction limit is Ksh 140,000. It costs a little more to send money to non-registered subscribers.
As indicated in the Mpesa charges table below, you can not withdraw less than Ksh 50 from an Mpesa agent but you can transfer any amount greater than Ksh 10 to another Mpesa user. Use the MPESA Rates calculator to get Mpesa fees for sending or withdrawing any amount. Here are the Safaricom Mpesa rates for 2019.
Safaricom Mpesa Charges 2019
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Transfer to other M-PESA Users||Transfer to Unregistered Users||Withdraw From M-PESA Agent|
Safaricom Mpesa Withdrawal Charges for ATM
|Mpesa Transaction Range (Ksh)|
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Mpesa Charges|
Other Safaricom Mpesa Transaction Charges
|Mpesa Transaction||Mpesa Charges (Ksh)|
|Change M-PESA PIN||22|
|Register for M-PESA||0/FREE|
|Check M-PESA Balance||1|
- Maximum Account Balance allowed is Ksh 100,000.
- The maximum Daily Transaction Value is Ksh 140,000. Maximum per transaction is Ksh 70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than Ksh 50 at an M-PESA agent outlet.
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active.
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account.
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID, Diplomatic ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked. *